Saturday, January 8, 2011

Long Island Bat Mitzvah Painting

I painted this live event painting at a beautiful temple in Long Island, NY. When I had my bat mitzvah 16 years ago, having a theme to the party was a given. Well I have never felt older or more out of touch when I arrived at asked what the "theme" was. The party planner looked at me and said" we don't do themes anymore, it's so 1998". ( actually my farty was in 1994, but who's counting.

The ballroom was beautiful, the entire perimeter was draped with white fabric and uplit in pinks and red. They brought in a red dancefloor, and the centerpieces were very cool. There were two different styles and they alternated every other table. One was a tall glass vase with a burst of red ostrich feathers at the top, and the other was talle and  lampshade like made of crystals with roses at the top. The cake was made to look like a bed of red bacara roses. The Bat-mitzvah girl, her family, and many guests were just speachless when they saw what I had painted over the course of the four hour celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment