Saturday, January 8, 2011

Temple Beth Ahm Wedding

I was very excited to paint this picture ( from photos) of a wedding at temple Beth Ahm of Springfield, NJ. This is the catering hall/ temple where I got married, and I think the ballfoom is stunning. My brother is getting married here this April, and i never tire of this place. It's a very art deco style ballroom, there are mirrored alcoves that line the perimneter of the room, and  if you really stare at the the chandelier you can see that its shaped like a jewish star. Its beautiful and symbolic, but subtle, not cheesy.

The photos provided to me by the couple showed the gorgeous centerpieces of tall glass vases with large rose arrangements of pink, crimson, red, and fuschia on top. I loved that they had balls of roses mimicking the main arrangements hanging like topiaries off of each arrangement. The Mother of the Bride commissioned the painting as a first anniversary gift to the couple. The MOB's dress was nude with black lace overlays, but the black full bottom skirt had pick-ups that matched the lace detail on the bodice and was sinched with elegant satin bows. Such a beautiful MOB gown. The Bride wore a fitted mermaid Amsale gown, that bussled in the back and had white satin roses where the dress bussled. The bride wore her veil throughout the entire reception, which I did as well. Many brides take it off after the ceremony, but I personally love when a bride wheres the veil all night. I can not wait for the MOB to pick up the painting. I'm sure she will LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment