Monday, January 17, 2011

NYC Wedding Painting at the Yale Club

NYC is one of my favorite places in the world, and the city that will always have my heart. That's why I get super excited when I get to go into manhattan to paint live at a wedding. I lived in Manhattan for five years durring college, and had I not married a true suburban man, I'd still be there.
   I was hired to paint live at a wedding at the Yale Club in midtown. This wedding felt glamourous and sophisticated. The entire room was uplit in pink which gave it a romantic glow. Tableclothes were a rich burgandy with varying floral arrangements placed in the middle. I love when a bride (and florist) are bold enough to step outside the box of standard uniformed centerpieces for each table, and do coordinating  arrangements that differ in size and shape. The large bamboo leaves that loop through each arrangement ties the whole look together.
    Asside from the beautiful decor ( which I feel I captured well in the painting) was the 12 piece band. This band was wonderful and guests danced the entire evening. I was told that this band was on the Today show for the BIG WEDDING GIVEAWAY a few years ago, they are called Faze4.

http://www.thecelebrationartist.com/
Faze 4 http://www.faze4.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

    oil Painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I loved this wedding. It’s adorable. I went to my friend’s wedding at one of NYC wedding venues and so happy to see the painting there. It was looking amazing and I really loved it. Want to have a beautiful wedding painting for my big day.

    ReplyDelete